View Single Post
Old 2008-01-29, 4:08pm

Hello To Repeat Cabiners and Foundlings!
There are so many tremendous memories of that very special weekend....
Table Nachos, extra large marble globes, the finest of company, internal organ beads, drinking some goop that tasted much like cough syrup and laughing ourselves stupid until 3 in the morning, first driver car rides, flat heads and scavenger hunts and deer swimming and crying every single time I had to leave...

But here is a good story about the woman that requested them. We were torching outside at night. No screens, just a tent top to cover us. Paula was on my right......and if you haven't had the pleasure of meeting her, she has the most glorious hair that you have ever seen. Lori was standing nearby awaiting her turn when they flew in under the tent - a HUGE buzzing cloud of gigantic mayflies who were about the size of hummingbirds - and bombarded us. They landed in Paula's hair and were trapped in the curls. They buzzed into the flames and STILL FLEW AWAY - some flying in circles and for the record - they smelled like chicken...
In the spirit of hard core beadmakers though, no one stopped melting but I recall lots of yelling.
It was then that Lori Greenberg grabbed a long pair of tweezers and yelled something about how she would save us from the onslaught of the giant bugs. We laughed at her.
She then PLUCKED one of the air with the tweezers with the sort of speed that you only witness in action movies.
You go, Grasshopper! (Who yelled that then? I don't remember but how I ever finished that bead without setting my hair on fire is still a mystery...)

I won't mention the night we did definitions.

And if you still need a reason?
How about beads.
And Brenna.
And beads and glass and more beads and great food and a weekend in the most gorgeous log mansion ever built with the finest of people.
There.
Sheryll

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.