View Single Post
Old 2009-03-07, 2:50pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
You all just need to remember that not everyone buys tutorials just to learn the technique and incorporate it into their own designs. Many buy them to make the exact bead in the tutorial. They may be missing out but that's their prerogative.
You are so right, Amy. And I think that is where the problem comes in. Some people consider they are buying a pattern and some people consider they are buying instructions on a technique. The author needs to make that determination and list it on the tutorial.

"This is a pattern tutorial and you will need the following list of materials and tools in order to copy this bead."

"This is a technique tutorial. By using this tutorial I hope you will learn to use the techniques I used to create a bead similar to the one pictured. You may use whatever glass you wish, but within the tutorial I do list what glasses I used to achieve a bead similar to the photos."

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.