View Single Post
Old 2011-03-10, 7:22am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassGalore View Post
For some reason, I'm having a hard time visualizing Steps 11 & 12 in relation to the initial disc built for the 'stamen' layer. If anyone would like to draw a pic or take a photo at this step, it would be helpful... I hope.
Joan can probably explain this far better, since I've made only one, but...you know how we make striped beads? (I think Kandice has a tutorial on making the perfect striped bead.) That's the stamen; that's how you start, but rather than going ahead and melting it into a bead after you've covered your dots, you leave it as a disk. I tried to draw on this picture, but since I don't really know photoshop beyond "lighting", "clone", and "crop", I kinda' sucked. You see how my petals fade, or as Joan said, feather? I got the bead too hot. Where I typed the white "\" on the left, that is about how thick the disk was when I placed my first row of turquoise dots, portrayed in this picture by two little dark gray dots, farthest to the left. Where I typed the white "\" on the right, that is about how thick the disk was when I placed my second row of turquoise dots, portrayed in this picture by three little dark gray dots, farthest to the right. After encasing those last dots, the bead was about half the width it ended up, and taller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassGalore View Post
ETA: And Chrissi, that bead is so yummy, and I can't believe you could keep it SO tiny still! (I know you're Da Queen of tiny beads and all, but layers just have a way of growing!)
Thank you.

I see all of the flaws, so it's nice to know that somebody thinks it's yummy. I think it's "okay".

My two wraps to begin the bead are probably tinier than a number of people's two wraps. I also pulled a fat stringer of clear to use for my clear encasement. I tend to make tiny dots anyway, so they were easy to cover with a stringer. I also encase with the rod or stringer kinda' sideways, rather than like a pencil, so the encasement layer is thin.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...

Last edited by chrissij; 2011-03-10 at 8:32am. Reason: Rotated picture for clarity, see post 61.