View Single Post
Old 2010-02-02, 8:09am
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
Thank you for the pic, I actually realized a little while ago that I had the bar upside down so it is all good now.

Another question:

When I purchased my new fuel at the welding shop , he told me I could use it for the new torch as well. So I got rid of my propane tank which was only two months old, STUPID.

As now I have been told that you do not use that type of fuel (similar to Mapp) with a dual torch. That I have to use propane. Is this true?

I was trying to do the right thing and not have propane tanks hanging around the house.
The combination of propane and oxygen generates enough heat in a fuel/oxygen torch that you so not need the extra heat+ cost of a more exotic fuel (propylene) ... The use of propylene is pretty much reserved for use on a hothead torch since it is a fuel/air torch and does not generate as much heat as a fuel oxygen torch.....

For almost all lamp work torches propane or natural gas generated enough heat for almost any glass work...

Also the propylene tank has the same dangers as a propane tank.... IF using propylene, the tank should be outside....

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal