View Single Post
Old 2012-08-23, 9:09pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Ok, let's take this bead as an example:

I sell these for $15 and they are 1/4 ounce each. That means I can make 4 of them with an ounce of glass, a good deal of that (sometimes all but the murrini) is clear.

Even if clear the glass cost $100/pound the glass used would only be $1.56 per bead. So, let's just agree that most of the bead is labor.

I really love the new batch of super clear I got from Ron at Art Glass House. It was fantastic! There are still things I like about Aether and Zephyr more but as far as clear goes, that batch was great! I am hoping the next batch will be just as good. Will I stop buying Aether and Zephyr? No.

I use the super clear for encasing focal beads because it works really well with my preferred method of encasing focals. I use the Aether for bubble encasing murrini like the bead shown above. I use Zephyr for encasing reduction silver glass. I use reichenbach for the base bead of 'jack' beads and for when I need a stiff clear to push colors around.

They all have their place in my heart.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*f