View Single Post
Old 2010-09-22, 11:22am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura B View Post
It is a good idea, but I understand you not wanting to revisit the idea.

Last year I tried to organize some people to do a real online selling site (no effin' commercial supplies... no effin' vintage crap...)... but I don't have the energy, time, or money to do it myself and although there was/is a HUGE need for such a site, the project fell by the wayside due to several different issues. So yeah, I can relate about "it's a good idea, but not worth the stress".
For me, it actually wouldn't have been that much work. I set up sites like that all the time. It was really only a matter of registering the domain name, spending a few hours setting it up, and then promoting it.

But, again, it wasn't well received.

And, yes, I do know that there are plenty of people who work with glass that don't visit this board, but 99% of the tutorials out there that I've found have been created by people who visit this board. Figuring that those would be my "customers" who would provide the items for sale, and those same people being the ones giving me such a hard time, I figured it best I just drop it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.