View Single Post
Old 2009-11-15, 4:57pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dichromary View Post
Mini, all threads contain some off topic comments and majority of us don't mind. Many posters also like to post in some threads more than others. I visit a lot of threads but post mainly in the scrabble thread in the game room. Life is too short to be worried about occasional off topic posts.
I'm not worried about occasional off topic posts as I know that almost all posts go a off topic at some point. But I do mind being told off when I'm trying to help and with 11 pages of this thread it becomes difficult to go through if one were looking for information that is specific to Devardi.

Plus, I think it would be particularly helpful to Fire Folly as she (they?) seem to be newbies to visit the rest of LE.

Encasing, petal layering, or other questions that Fire Folly has in this post post, are things that are not only relevant to Devardi but to lampworking in general. LE is loaded with all kinds of information to assist Fire Folly to become more skilled at her (their?) craft. It seems a shame that she (they?) feel they can/should post only in this thread becuase they use Devardi glass.

Imagine if there were threads where people who used only Bulls eye went? or only CIM or whatever. The site would be come unwieldy.

I also think it is a disservice to the new lampworkers in this thread to make it out like these techniques are some how done differently with Devardi. The initially handling of the glass perhaps in regards to warming, addressing specific shockiness of certain colors, color reactions etc: Yes. Dot placement, petals, encasing, use of dichro in general: No.