View Single Post
Old 2009-11-15, 5:05pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby firefly View Post
Thank you dichromary,I don't think we wander off so badly on this thread either, It was started for people who are using this glass to get tips, techniques and get questions answered. I have all but switched over to Devardiglass. I've posted in other areas too, since I am primarily using this glass and it does have different working properties than other glass, why would I go to another part of the forum to get my questions answered? Then I'd just have people yelling at me and telling me there is a thread on using Devardiglass...go use it.....
There are differences to a point, just like there are some differences when using Bulls eye. Some CIM colors are stiffer than others & Lauscha needs different annealing schedules.

However, the general techniques of lampworking relate to ALL kinds of glass, even melted glass bottles if you wanted to use them.

Some people use only Bulls eye or only CIM or only Double Helix. They don't only post on a thread related to each individual company. If there is something that is that different for a specific technique I'd like to hear about it as this will help people decide it if makes sense to add Devardi in with the rest of my glass.

If CIM, Effretti, Lauscha, DH, TAG, etc can all be used together why can't we add Devardi as another option in our collection? Can Devardi not be used with other glasses? I thought it was said earlier in this thread the Devardi is perfectly compatible with other glass lines. Is this no longer true?