View Single Post
Old 2013-01-27, 7:54pm
Flame On!

Quote:
Actually I don't think he is doing anything unethical if I'm reading this right because he stipulates the delay up front. The FTC's site says:

believing you can ship within 30 days of receipt of an order -- if you make no shipment representation or if the shipment representation is not clear and conspicuous.
I bolded the part that pertains to Jack. It's pretty clear on his site that there is a long wait:
PLEASE NOTE: SOME ORDERS CAN TAKE 8 TO 12 WEEKS. SOME ORDERS WILL BE MUCH LESS. WE WILL NOT GIVE REFUNDS BASED ON THE WAIT PERIOD. YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU BUY.
FYI At the time I made my purchase, there was no such disclaimer on his website. AND, I was explicitly told my unit would ship within 4 weeks.
I think it will be interesting to see what the FTC has to say. Really, their interpretation of this situation is the ONLY one that's relevant.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.