View Single Post
Old 2013-05-25, 10:56am
shirts

I would say that for you to sell your work, you need to really know who you Ideal Client is. And once you know that, you will know where to find him/her. I think that all of the excuses about the economy are just that - excuses. If the economy is SO BAD, why are people still spending money on luxury items (because they still are!). I had a couple of bust shows these past 2 weekends and I am not moaning and groaning. It's a bummer for sure, but now I am questioning if those shows were right for me and doing lots of research about other shows. And I am also seriously investigating and searching out wholesale clients and working to get my jewellery in to the right stores. I have set up my website with e-commerce, but have yet to make a sale there... I can't expect them to come to me just cause I have my site... I am working to build my "social proof" through blogging and social media so that in time, people WILL come to my website. And I disagree with Pat (eregel) re: Etsy and Ebay. Once you have your Clients, you want them to come to YOU where you control your brand and their experience (not the Etsy or Ebay brand and experience... How many times have I admired something from someone and where they got it "Etsy" is the answer... NOT the artisan - they often don't even REMEMBER which artisan...). I understand that a shopper might stumble upon my Etsy store (if I am on the ball to re-list frequently enough), but to me, that is not enough of a reason to invest in an Etsy shop.

DEFINITELY continue to build your site - it is the ONLY thing that you have to control and make your's...

It sounds like to me you might be ready and interested in the Flourish & Thrive Academy - go and check them out!

http://www.flourishthriveacademy.com/the-academy/

Best of luck, from another Canuck (haha - didn't realize that I made that rhyme til after I typed it out!),
Annie