View Single Post
Old 2014-09-18, 10:16pm
He can do the origami

As Mary Xk asked, what torch are you running and how much work are you doing. When I was using tanked O2 I could run through 6 tanks or more a week without a problem. Even when I was running a smaller torch I could easily burn through that much. In production mode on a small torch I could run through a tank per day, maybe day and a half. So I am guessing you don't have a leak.

I used to run an Oxy concentrator and a tank set up. I had it set up with the tank and the concentrator on a "Y" and then a feed to my torch. I used a one way valve so the O2 would not back fill through my concentrator. I started using a one way valve after killing a concentrator. Depending on your torch, if you have a four post torch, you can run your inner flame on the concentrator.

Ultimately, you may want to consider liquid oxygen. I sat down and crunched numbers and it really was a LOT cheaper to use liquid O2. I know it seems expensive at first but basically I am getting a so much more oxygen for the price that it would be insane for me to go back to tanked O2.

Good luck.