View Single Post
Old 2007-09-03, 12:16pm
Curmudgeon

Quote:
ETA: Dennis, I'm always willing to take a risk under certain circumstances. IMO, taking risks is an integral part of being an artist. How do we move our art forward if we're not willing to push the envelope and go where others fear to tread? Yes, I'm a risk-taker. But not all willy-nilly, by a long shot. I am constantly educating myself about glass and all its properties. This gives me the knowledge and power to make good decisions, even when I'm trying something new and potentially risky.
I agree - and I'm perhaps the greatest fan of risk experimentation. Many of our standard shop practices evolved from some pretty strange experiments. However, I'm not a fan of seeing advice passed to newcomers without adequately warning them of inherent risks. I believe that telling people they can use different COE "if you only use a little bit of it" is irresponsible without also warning them of the inherent risks of mixing potentially non-compatible glass.

DeBrady Glassworks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- - Glass Campus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Victorian Art Glass
- Master Artisan