View Single Post
Old 2013-05-24, 8:53am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Disclaimer: this is all just my opinion, though it looks like there're others who feel the same.

I think there are a couple of things going on. First, I personally never go to people's individual sites when I'm shopping for something - I do eBay or Etsy, I would never stumble on to your personal site. But assuming I did go there:

1) I HATE MUSIC on websites. Hate it hate it hate it.

2) Video is even WORSE in terms of slowing the load. I'm NOT patient, if it's taking 20 seconds to load your site I'm outta there before it ever loads. Your video is beautiful, but put it as a click, not an automatic run.

3) I also hate having to click past an entry page to get to what I'm looking for - I want to see the shopping stuff FIRST, and have any blogs, "who am I" type stuff be the "click to see".

4) On my monitor, some of your photos are sort of washed out/dark - it doesn't draw me in - and I LIKE organics. And on a $100+ piece I'm going to want to see a lot more pictures - I know it's a pain, I hate the whole photo process myself.

5) This one is sort of hard to explain... I think your site is incredibly beautiful, but the potential customer isn't there to buy a site. The jewelry isn't really showcased, it feels as if you got lost in the graphic design and the quotes and fonts and the beauty of the presentation, and the work itself gets lost in the process.

Finally, The economy is so bad for high-end work, I think anything much over $20 is going to be a challenge to sell. Your work is gorgeous, but it's also pricey, and I think people are still looking for real bargains.

I understand the frustration, but I'm not sure there's much we can do until the global economy improves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L-111

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.