View Single Post
Old 2013-05-26, 2:07am
Feminist Killjoy

Since you don't want any gushing about your exquisitely put-together website, or your beautiful creations, I'll stick to trying to find some criticism about it.

First: It is a general rule of thumb that you shouldn't have any automatic-start videos or music on a website. You never know who's shopping at work, and this might cause potential customers to click away quickly and forget to come back.

Second, in your shop area, the thumbnails of each item are, imo, way too small. It was a little difficult for me to differentiate between them and I couldn't see all of the eye-catching details that grabbed me until I actually clicked one.

Third: I would like to see more than one image for each item, to get a feel for the pieces, especially if I were going to spend money on a quality piece.

...Okay, just clicked on your blog. A few posts down, I saw a bunch of beads listed on Etsy. But the name of the shop confused me. Were these YOUR beads? I hadn't seen them on your website. Took me a minute to realize it was indeed you. I noticed your shop name and your business name (as well as your blog title) are very different from one another. Perhaps you should consider taking advantage of Etsy's name-change option? Make them gel a bit more? Maybe even decide to just use your own name as the shop name, so that the average customer can easily relate them in their minds. I think it would be a good idea to add an area to your shop that includes your beads for sale, as well. That's all I can think of. Your work is obviously gorgeous, so that's not the problem! (A little gushing )