View Single Post
Old 2015-11-10, 11:30pm

So, to help me understand this correctly.....if my basement windows are roughly 6.5 feet from floor to ceiling.....and roughly 4ft above where the work bench is (bench to window), but, the vent duct itself would be only about a foot+ off the outside ground level, is that a correct configuration? (keeping in mind that I'd have the thousand power fan, and some kind of screening to prevent beasties from getting into the tube)....I was wondering if it would be ok to have the "make up air" come in from the window on the opposite wall behind me, hanging that tube from the ceiling and directing it in the working table vicinity, but not directly onto me (that would also need a fan/blower?)......might that be a decent, low cost approach ??

I'm only planning on using those "small" types of MAPP gas canisters (like they use for the Enamel jewelry/ artwork-like Barb Lewis' torch fired enamel stuff), that just hang in front of you, off the work table......The propane tanks from the BBQ grill on the patio can "wait" until I get more comfortable with what I'm doing.....(don't want to "jangle my nerves" with too much at first lol ).....I also thought that I can pour some hot water out the upstairs window to melt the snow before I plan to use the fume fan in the basement, to make sure it's not totally covered up....lol.....I also realize I will have to get an electrician in to perhaps put in a dedicated line for the fan power (& kiln), so I don't blow the house circuits out when I turn them on .....yikes.....being a newbie is so daunting sometimes.....I want to get it right, but I want to take it slow until I know I'm any good at it, I don't want a $5k setup, only to find that I totally suck at it lmaoo.....I'm sure you've heard that one before

Ok, I am off to bed, hoping I don't have exhaust pipes haunting me in my dreams lol Many thanks again for your invaluable input and guidance.....I appreciate all the time and thought you've lent to my issues here. ~peace & love