View Single Post
Old 2012-11-26, 7:54am
...displaced ocean lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Oops View Post
lol I know, I thought about you and your shaping guicker remark. Even the graduated hearts press takes some time but I'm hoping it will get faster the more I do them. The biggest challeges are in judging the amount of glass and going back and filling in spaces. But hey that's me .

Hey Roo who did you order your Lauscha glass from? I worked with some recently for the 1st time and I love it! Can you show me Roo what your reds look like please, please, pretty please?
I haven't gotten to play with the presses yet.

And I will look Lois, but I don't think I have any of the red hearts left from BeadFest. They all sold! I only made 4 or 5... I put a viney SIS on some and made flowers (ala Joan/J2Canoe) on one, put murrini "flowers" on another, vines (ala Kerri Fuhr) on a couple others.... anyway, that's why I started my hunt for the perfect heart press. B/c those sold so quickly and were a PITA to shape by hand.
Like I said at the beginning of the thread, I'm not really a heart-person but I think the shape is really fun to decorate and that red is just luscious and looks wonderful with SIS.

You probably think I took photos of all my hearts when photographing BeadFest inventory but no. I didn't take pics of any of it! I was too freaked out trying to make sure I HAD enough "sets" of shapey bead-beads. For some reason I was afraid people wouldn't be interested in sock monkeys, sea turtles, snowmen and sorting hats but THEY WERE! I'm still glad I had some sets and bead-beads for them to buy as well!

I get the Lauscha from Paula and she's a peach! She shipped quickly - nothing at all was even chipped! She answered all my pm's and emails (I had quite a few questions )
http://www.flamedame.com/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Introducing...MY Etsy!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Now featuring SOCK MONKEY AND SEA TURTLE beads!

....and now with Hot Steeeeenking Peppers!!!

...and Muggle Made Sorting Hats

Last edited by Roo Blaty; 2012-11-26 at 7:57am.