View Single Post
Old 2008-01-03, 8:13am
Butterfly Rancher

I plug in the USB cable.

Turn on the camera.

I then get an XP message asking me to associate the camera with a piece of software and I pick Picassa.

I then go to Picassa and go to the import photos section.

I also downloaded a trial copy of Photoshop Elements 6 yesterday and when I plugged the USB cable into the camera, PSE6 immediately found it.

I'm using two cameras -- LS 743 & DX7590. They're about 4 years old and I think that the C line is a bit newer. I did read in the Picassa documentation that Kodak cameras can have difficulties with using Picassa. And I have to say that after using Picassa for a bit that I would buy a new camera rather than suffer with EasyShare!

I did do a new firmware download for the DX7590 a couple of months ago but maybe they did something proprietary with the C line that they haven't bothered doing to the older cameras.

Hope some of this helps but it sounds like you're doing everything right. I certainly wouldn't put it past Kodak to have done something in the firmware to ensure that you have to stay with EasyShare.

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado