View Single Post
Old 2016-06-23, 6:30am

I don't read LE often enough, but I'm glad this thread keeps popping up to the top, because I've known that I should move my propane outside (it's not in the house, I have a separate studio), I was just intimidated/confused about what needed to be done. I'm happy to say that I did the plumbing yesterday (still need to pressure test), but the propane is now outside, with all the required cutoff valves. It really isn't that hard to do.

I did it myself because when I hired a plumber a few years ago to install NG lines in our house (replacing electric range and water heater with NG versions), he hooked it up to the supply BEFORE capping it off, literally pumping natural gas into our house! And he checked for leaks with a lighter--said "some people say it's dangerous, but I ain't had no problems!" I was terrified and furious in equal measures--the house still reeked of fumes hours later. Now I do my own work whenever feasible, after researching codes and the correct way to do it.

Whether you do it yourself or hire it done, be safe, move your propane outside.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.