View Single Post
Old 2013-04-18, 10:09am

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnette View Post
Tanks should never be inside in the first place. If the artist is being safe, has good connections and keeps the tank outside, using a HH with a bulk tank is no more unsafe than using and oxy/gas torch.
I mostly see pictures of peoples studios here with the tank inside. That is common but it really doesnt matter since the hose has to eventually enter the studio. You are obviously missing the point that the location of the tank is irrelevant to this issue. Any leak from the tank to the torch head at full tank pressure (100-150 psi), which is exists in the hose when your not using a regulator, can fill an enclosed structure with an explosive volume of propane in literally seconds. No time to run outside and close the valve. If there is an ignition source its too late. This does not exist with an oxy propane torch, which runs regulated at much lower propane pressure (5-10 psi). I wont bother with the math since it is already in the archives here and elsewhere. I think I now understand the exodus of those with technical knowledge over the last few years.