View Single Post
Old 2010-11-08, 10:00am
Looking for my waistline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyjw View Post
Yep! Or any company that makes flat screen TVs.
Speaking of flat screen TVs, right before the economy took a dive, the manufacturers were pumping those things out of the factories en mass. When the economy went south, they ended up with an overabundance of flat screens. I read a news report just a few days ago that said consumers can expect some crazy low prices on flat screens this buying season. Keep an eye out for the price drop if you're looking to invest in one.

I've only been angry one time when the price of something I purchased dropped like a rock shortly after my purchase. I made a large purchase, close to $1000, intentionally from a reputable dealer when a more unscrupulous dealer was undercutting the MSRP by a few hundred dollars. Sure, I could have bought at a lower price, but who knows how long I'd have had to wait. I'd have gotten it eventually but I didn't want to reward an unscrupulous sales person when I could support a reputable distributor.

I wrote to both the person I purchased from and the people he bought from and told them why I was buying from them instead of the other dealer. Within a few short weeks of my purchase, the main distributor decided to lower his price to beat the unscrupulous person. It would have saved me somewhere in the neighborhood of $300.

I feel I should have been reimbursed for some of what I paid, but no offer was made to do so, even though I suggested it. I'm still miffed about it, but at least I can take comfort in the fact that the person I purchased from was able to put food on the table for the kids and my money wasn't pocketed by a total jerk.

Shit happens...