View Single Post
Old 2011-07-11, 7:40am
Millionaire in Training

So here's something wonderful about Devardi semi-opal dark peach: I love it! This color barely needs any preheating right in the flame and is very easy to press into a lovely lentil. Also, I'm still learning fine stringer control, so Devardi is a very nice glass to do that with, being that it is fairly stiff. I pulled a stringer 1 mm thick. I made some of my best stringer scrolls squiggles with the salmon. Also, since some of Devardi glass is oddly shaped, with a v-divot down the middle, it's easy to identify when mixed up with the other jumble of glass that constitutes my workstation. I was reaching fora rod and had my didies on and then I felt the rod with the divot and knew that was the champagne I was looking for!

I will post pictures, but I'm a little shy at my pulled petals on the flower lentils I've made. I've just been trying pulling and twisting petals for the first time. I've pulled before, but not twisted as well. Anyway, I was about to write more self-critique of my beads, but nevermind...I choose to let that go!