View Single Post
Old 2008-12-11, 6:00am
Spectrum rulz

I have my set up with with an extraction fan - except what I didnt realize was my fan was no longer extracting the noise was going but the suck wasnt. A friend of mine came over to torch after 4 hours she went home and collapsed on the bed and couldnt get up for 8 hours with a sick migraine. I continued to torch after she went home for about another 8 hours. I was so sick I thought I had just about killed myself I had the head from hell for 3 weeks constantly couldnt see properly felt sick in the stomach all the time dizzy faint it wasnt nice. My dad came over on the weekend and said what the hell is wrong with you and I told him he got up me and told me I should have called an ambulance because I had carbon monoxide poisoned myself. I now have a completely different motor and constantly check the whole time it is extracting. I am so paranoid the whole time and say about 100 times to everyone else when I am torching - can you smell gas. A guy in America did kill himself not working with the correct ventilation and he was young. Its not scare tactics meant to send you running and hiding its because no one wants this to happen to you. Yes lampworking is expensive to set up, and ventilation may seem like something that you can do without, but you have to put things into perspective if you are likely to give yourself long term damage that could have been avoided - in the long run who are you hurting. Someone may have pissed you off by telling you the dangers of poor ventilation but if they pissed you off enough to look at changing your ventilation it was a good thing. If you had a car that had no brakes would you drive it out on the road and say well I will be careful and nothing should happen to me or would you go I'm not driving a car with no brakes thats just 2 dangerous.