View Single Post
Old 2006-11-05, 9:49pm
I'm a lilac!

LOL my children will climb inside a Rubbermaid tub in a HOT SECOND if I'm not right there telling them not to! Maybe they have some instinctive knowledge that tells them my line must not be allowed to continue...

Actually I have come to the conclusion, over the years with these little Tazmanian Devils I call "My Little Darlings", that a very high proportion of the warnings on products are designed to protect the children of parents who want to be able to put their kid on the floor and then leave the room for half an hour. How many kid products say "Do Not Leave Child Unattended"?

OK, now a show of hands... how many of you WOULD HAVE ACTUALLY LEFT YOUR SMALL CHILD ALONE without that warning? I bet there aren't a lot of hands up here... because you all have a decent degree of "HI OMG THAT IS OBVIOUS"-type common sense. But there are just enough parents who totally will leave their baby alone in a bathtub, with a hair curler, that manufacturers feel the need to put the warnings on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.