View Single Post
Old 2014-07-22, 7:50am

Default beyond poor service, and it is all MY fault--what a jerk!

I ordered a butterfly press to try making butterflies for BOC.

1. The two halves of the press were installed upside-down from what they should have been and wouldn't make a butterfly, so the press was completely un-useable.
2. I was charged $8 for a flat rate Priority ENVELOPE without any additional packaging to protect the item, and it arrived postage due so I had to make a special trip to the post office to get it (I work 8-4:30 M-F) and pay the extra due.
3. The $8 supposedly included insurance from a "third party insurer, not US mail"--there is not such thing as a third party insurer outside of the USPS.

Here is his first reply:

I'm not sure what you mean about the press. I have sold many, many of the butterflies. Everyone loves them. I looked over ours. They look great. Each half is the same, and are facing each other, just like in the picture. But if you'd like to return it, that is fine. If we find it defective, I will pay the return shipping.

Flat rate padded envelopes do not have to be 1/2 inch thick or less. They already are about 1/2 inch when you receive them from the post office empty.
Below I have listed the requirements for this envelope. They misinformed you at the post office. They do that from time to time. In all flat rate packages from the post office "if it fits, it ships." It is first class envelopes that must not have 1/4 variation or exceed 3/4 inches thick, or they must go package rate.
As far as the $8, you forgot about insurance. If the parcel is lost or damaged, we need to be covered. So we add $2. That is explained clearly on our shipping page with links all over our website to the that page.

You sound angry at us in your letter, at least short. Really Karen, there is no need for that tone.

Daniel

Here is the second email from him:

Wouldn't you become irritated if you received an angry letter because a product is defective, and over a $2.80 dispute? There is real person on this end, not just a computer or a company. I don't treat people that way, or companies. Defective products happen everywhere. But is sure tells you a lot about the customer who behaves this way when it happens. Most people just inform us kindly when this happens, and we fix it promptly and courteously.
You chose to be angry and short. I just assume people like that take their business elsewhere. We are much too busy, and have way too many kind, caring customers to put up with that from a select few.

We insure with a third party insurer, not US mail. If you read our shipping page, you'd know this. We always cover defective items 100%, as is also stated on our website. Just return anything defective and we'll refund you, including shipping. We refund shipping only on defective items, as is stated on our shipping page, not on returns for products that are not defective.

There is not a maximum thickness for any padded flat rate envelopes. We ship hundreds of them each week, many times up to 4 inches thick. It is first class that has this restriction only. Anything first class thicker than 3/4 inches can be mailed, but it has to go package rate rather than first class.
That is all. This does not apply to flat rate envelopes. Call the national post office if you'd like. You just don't know what you are talking about, which is usually the case with angry, meanspirited people. They normally get their arguments wrong.

Daniel

I may get crap for posting this, but his responses, insults, and accusations are just plain beyond reason. He sent a defective product and instead of apologizing and offering to fix the situation, he doubts that the press is defective and IF it is after I return it, he will make the determination. The USPS doesn't know their own rules of shipping? And as a dissatisfied customer, I have a tone . . . There were a few more emails and it only got worse. My entire order was returned and refunded, and I will never buy from them again. I still have a few things I purchased previously, but have been meaning to sell them--I don't want any reminders of that jerk and his junk. Oops, there's that tone again!!!