View Single Post
Old 2012-09-09, 10:04am
Micromosaic and Lampwork

I google searched images

Scary stuff.

My husband worked in an auto shop without gloves. His right hand was dipped into cleaning chemicals all day. This was 20 years ago, and you should see his hand now. It still peels, cracks, bleeds, and looks bad. Imagine what else is going on in his body from the damage.

I was a dental assistant and was exposed to a lot of dangerous chemicals from cleaning wipes and sprays to chemical autoclave to mercury, and more. In my google image search I saw a dental image where we put the acid etch on the tooth to prepare for a composite filling. Yet another chemical I was exposed to. We are not trained to suction those vapors. Most dentists do not use dental dams, and often the acid is sprayed off and suctioned out, but often it gets lost into the patients mouth and swallowed. I have had it spray onto my arms and face before too.

Needless to say, I got very very sick and no longer could work as a Dental Assistant. I was diagnosed with MCS, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity. We did filling all day long, and tossed this chemical around like it was just another tool.

So, when you go to the dentist, make sure you get a DENTAL DAM!!!! Especially if they are removing the mercury fillings and giving you the nice white plastic composite fillings. They are using this in your mouth.

Here is a google image search for hydrofluoric acid dental

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.