View Single Post
Old 2008-03-29, 7:45pm
I speak Murrini!

Hi Cheryl!

Well, I'm using the MAPP cannisters - not pure Prop from a BBQ tank, and no hose...don't know what cautions or repercussions might occur from deviation from my application here - but for heaven's sake, be careful! Since my tutorial and the "effect" you can get with the reduction flame (using a glove) only takes a few seconds, I would think that there shouldn't be any problems for anyone else using the "prescribed" method here. I would think that if you held the Hot Head long enough to cause any kind of flashback, you'd probably really be feeling the heat through the glove by then - not recommended! This method is used to create potent, short "burst" of reduction flame. In addition, these gloves I use are not PURE kevlar, they are leather gloves that have kevlar stitching and are heat "resistant" only. No sticking your hands in the flame - OK? If you have a Home Depot near you, these particular gloves aren't terribly expensive at all.

Hope that helps answer your concerns

DeAnne in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro