View Single Post
Old 2013-03-27, 11:18am
They see me rollin'...

It's a beautiful morning here in Montana! Supposed to be in the mid-60's today, and it will be in the 50's or 60's for at least the next week.

I have a question about what to do with the roof on the inside of the shed. It's needs to be insulated, I'm sure. So what do you all do? Put insulation up against the roof and then make a ceiling by putting something like plywood over or under the rafters?

I have a big roll of Reflectix and some rigid foam board insulation left over from when we were living in the RV. I am planning on using some of it in the chicken coop, but I might have enough Reflectix to line the inside of the roof.

Also, I was going to use stone wool insulation like Pat/eregel used in her shed. Does anyone know where to buy it? I'm having trouble finding it.

Another question! I had asked S Bar S to cut a hole in the wall for my ventilation. They forgot, apparently. Not a big deal...but I'm also thinking of adding a couple of small windows. So I need to cut holes for those, too. (The smallest windows they offered were 2 x 3, and they were kind of expensive, so I just got 2 windows...well, later I asked them to add a 3rd window, but they forgot that too).

I am a total noob at this stuff...I also don't have much in the way of tools. I did buy a nice jigsaw from a guy on Craig's List. I'm thinking maybe I need a circular saw, too? For cutting straight cuts, like in the wall for a window, and cutting sheets of plywood or paneling?

So to cut a round hole for the ventilation, I just drill a hole and then use the jigsaw to cut the rest of the hole, right?

Every time I read on the internet about how to install a window, I run into terminology that i don't know.

BTW, the little Mille Fleur chick is doing much better today. No more signs of pasty butt (which can kill a chick if not treated). She has a name now; her name is Grendel and the other Mille Fleur is Beowulf. Oh, and Buffy is now Brunhilde. Buffy is just too unoriginal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Patti

Last edited by Magicfire; 2013-03-27 at 11:21am.