View Single Post
Old 2013-03-31, 4:54pm
They see me rollin'...

Just a quick update. I bought the sheets of paneling and I think I have found a place that sells the stone/mineral wood insulation (I don't want to deal with fiberglass--just thinking about it makes me itchy!). I'm going to go there tomorrow. Once I get the insulation I can start working on the inside walls. Yay!

I also went to the Habitat for Humanity "Restore" and found a few odds and ends for the shed, like a nice little glass light fixture, and a wood cabinet that I think will be good for storing sheet glass.

Since I couldn't really get started on the inside yet, I decided to start priming the trim on the outside of the shed. I did the hardest part first; the front where the door is. I can see that painting the shed is going to take a while!

The chicks are doing really well. Grendel continues to improve and I think she's going to be ok. I think more and more that the Bantam (now called Demeter) might be a rooster. She/he keeps play-fighting the other roosters. So that would be 4 roosters. Sigh.

Well, I couldn't resist. I really wanted more than 1 Easter Egger, so went to the other Shipton's thinking that they might have some. Turns out that they are a much bigger store and they had something like 20 breeds! And even better, almost all are females, so hopefully no more roosters!

I showed a lot of restraint and only got 2; one Speckled Sussex and one light Brahma. They didn't have any Easter Eggers, but the Speckled Sussex looks a lot like our EE, so close enough I guess! In fact, our EE might actually be a Gold Laced Wyandotte. No way to know, really, until she starts laying eggs. If she is an EE the eggs will be blue, green or pink.

Anyway, they are now named Sango and Zazzu. So that makes 14 chicks, but 4 don't count because they will hopefully be rehomed.

5 = 7 = 12 - 4 roosters + 2 = 10 = Chicken math!

-Patti

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Patti

Last edited by Magicfire; 2013-03-31 at 5:00pm.