View Single Post
Old 2013-04-03, 5:46pm
They see me rollin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSage View Post
I'm currently staying out of both Shipton's and Tractor Supply because of you. I just know I'll end up with cute little chicks and no place to put them...yet...

It's a sickness, I tell you!

They are so much fun though. It's so funny that Emily at first didn't want chickens at all, but now she thinks they're the best thing ever.

I had built a brooder out of 2 large boxes left over from our move. That was ok when we only had 7 little chicks. But those chicks grew and then we got more chicks. So she expanded it by adding 2 more boxes.

When some of them figured out that they could fly, it was her idea to flip up the side flaps and make it taller. Then I added 2 sticks for roosts for the bigger ones. Then she made a door so we could let them out occasionally and spend more time with them.

She has been very diligent about changing their water and filling their feeder. I do it sometimes, but she usually beats me to it. And she has researched all the breeds and created spreadsheets with all their names and breeds. lol

I'm not allowed to go to Shipton's or Tractor Supply anymore either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Patti