View Single Post
Old 2013-04-03, 6:08pm
They see me rollin'...

Ok, true confessions time...we had some time to kill yesterday (waiting for something to be fixed on our RV so we can sell it)...we were near Shipton's so we stopped in. And OMG, they actually had Easter Eggers. I absolutely love the one EE that we have (Nimue), and I really wanted a couple more of them. So we picked out 2. One has this amazing striped face (now named Jeckel) and the other one is more mousy and gray (I call her Heckel, but Emily wants to name her Hyde). lol

They are both supposed to be females. This is Jeckel:

Heckel/Hyde:

Here's a better pic of Sango, the Speckled Sussex we got the other day:

She's so pretty!!

And an updated shot of Grendel, the Mille Fleur who had pasty butt and was pretty sickly there for a while. She is doing so much better and has almost doubled in size. Now she is almost the size of a 3-4 day old normal chick (Mille Fleurs are Bantams and are much smaller). lol Her buddy Beowulf is extremely healthy and a bit bigger than her. They both still snuggle under the other chick's wings and it is adorable.

We've been reading that Mille Fleurs should really not be kept with bigger birds, so they may get their own little chicken coop eventually. Right now they're getting along great, though! Really, all the chicks seem to like each other. I hope it stays that way.

I think in the next day or so I am going to help this guy tear down his old shed and he's going to give me the wood for free. So hopefully I can use it to build a new coop that won't cost too much. That should be interesting. lol

Oh, and I got the insulation for the shed yesterday. To keep it on topic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Patti

Last edited by Magicfire; 2013-04-03 at 6:26pm.