View Single Post
Old 2012-02-27, 9:57am
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

Default Glass Hive is having a medical emergency

Mike had to be admitted to the hospital over the weekend. We have been struggling with a mysterious abdominal issue for the last few months and reached an unmanageable point. At the moment he can not even tolerate liquids. While they continue to find the root cause, he is being hydrated and pain is being managed. He is having bouts of 8 (on a 10 point pain scale) for up to 6 hours at a time as often as 3 times a day. I am very glad he has given in to going in to be cared for.

My time will be spent as the advocate for his care at the hospital while he is on medications that impair his ability to make clear decisions. I will do my best to catch emergencies regarding kilns, but please be patient with us. Leaving an email or phone message will be your best bet. I am not allowed to have the phone on in the hospital.

I will try to keep you posted on the progress as I can. We have ruled out many scary things like cancer, pancreatitis, gallbladder, and organ failures, and are grateful. Now we just need a solid diagnosis of what it IS.

I do have a team to build product that will be working under my guidance once we get Mike out and stable. That may be a few days or a week, I just don't know yet. We appreciate your understanding.

Pam and Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau