View Single Post
Old 2006-11-10, 1:28pm

Ok I'll admit it. When Publishing for the web. Image quality is less important then say printing. And if your not buying the steps argument for image quality, then consider this. How important is your TIME? If you can get the same results in one minute or five minutes which would you choose? But the real argument here is this. If you learn how to read the histogram in Levels. You will be able to understand exactly what changes your making to the image. I can color correct a photo on a Black & white monitor just by reading the histogram ( not that I want too or need too Thank Goodness ). LOL

Just FYI, Curves and Levels are the same tool. The only difference is how the information is viewed. Levels use a bar chart and Curves use a graph. Curves are not meant to be a editing tool for over all image control. They are designed for pin point control. Meaning with curves you can isolate a color and change it. Both are very powerful . The most powerful tools in photoshop. Oh yea, did I mention their the same tool?

Sarah, I had to laugh at your comment about unsharp mask. Their are very few that know what the term means and where it came from. I know so I'll share.
Basically it means adjustable sharping. The term itself came from a old dark room technique. When a photo was unsharp, the photographer could save it in the dark room with a technique using masks to sharpen the edges. Thus Unsharp Mask.
Now you know. LOL
Scott

ESTY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tanner Studios; 2006-11-10 at 3:54pm.