View Single Post
Old 2007-01-09, 2:28pm

Bolimasa, Is so right. If you don't know the terminology. It seems like a mightily mountain to climb. But most tasks in photo editing are pretty simple. As a photographer I picked up photoshop in a few days. But when it comes to word processing I'm still lost. Guess it all depends on the roads you have traveled. But trust in your grey matter, if you want it. It will come.

One thing about the eye dropper's. If you know what they are used for, They are powerful. But if you don't understand their purpose. They will guild you astray. They are meant, to be used with test or control strips.

Now Bolimasa, There was no need to go to the eye dropper. All you needed to do, was try a different setting ( amount ).

Here is one of the images. from the help!! with picture. response. ( if some one can post the link for it that would be great. I 'm a dumb-ass when it comes to that kinda thing. ).

Ok forget about multiply and the layer masks (layer 2 ). This photo was from another tut. We only need to look at two things. First the photo is on one layer and the background layer is white ( Layer 1 & background. layer names ).The second, is the opacity command arrows ( click and hold will revel the sliders ). There you have two options, opacity and fill. Opacity is the main control and fill is how much feather. Feather is more important when blending, not really what were talking about here. Click on layer 1, the layer name will turn blue or will indicate in some way that it is the layer your working on. Now play with both just for grins and giggle. Its all about what looks good to you. Then flatten the image when your happy with it. Sharpen and save.
Scott
P.S. Keyboard short cut F7 will bring up the layers window.
P.S.S The best advice about computers I ever got, was from my bother. He was selling computers when only a few understood. I asked, what the hell. His advice.... Keep throwing mud at the wall. Some of it will stick.

ESTY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tanner Studios; 2007-01-09 at 3:54pm.