View Single Post
Old 2010-01-04, 8:07am

The difference I see in tutorials and printed books, such as Corina's book, the printed books for the most part do not contain any "new" material. Almost all the techniques in Corina's book have been around for years, if not centuries. Corina did not develop these techniques on her own and write about them, but took general everyday techniques and compiled them into an incredible book. I bought one because I think it is important to support such a noble cause of preserving these techniques for future beadmakers. I recommended this book to the students in every beginning class I taught.

In tutorials, you are (hopefully) getting techniques that the author developed him/herself and this is cutting-edge technology - at least the ones I have seen. You don't generally get cutting-edge technology in a perfectly bound book. It's fresh and it's new and it is straight from the author's head to your computer screen. How much better could it get?

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.