View Single Post
Old 2010-01-14, 2:16pm

I prefer digital formats. Here's why...

- I can get it *quick*. Often instantly.
- I can read it at work or at home computers, or on my iphone.
- I can easily check out an artists' work before deciding if I want to buy her tut.
- I can pay with paypal, which is how I receive payment for beads, which makes it all work out in my head at least
- Cheaper than printed books.

I don't often print them. Wierdly enough, I'm not interested in following along step by step, unless its a really new tech for me. I just want to absorb the technique into my repertoire of skills (sometimes this requires following along step by step once or twice). I really don't like to follow directions, I like to take what I can & do my own crazy thing with it. I'm buying for the a-ha moments & the money tips, basically. (As any of my teachers can tell ya, lol).

What I don't like about these tuts is basically one thing - all the reviews on this site are positive (I've found all my tuts here). Printed books on Amazon or Powell's have unbiased reviews that chart the flaws as well as the strengths, allowing me to make a more informed purchasing decision. Sometimes negative reviews even convince me to purchase (ie, warnings that the book isn't for beginners, or that it is for rank beginners). I'm as guilty of this as the next girl - if I don't like a tut I keep it to myself. Its part of the supportive atmosphere & very nice, but its sometimes not what I'm looking for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.