View Single Post
Old 2010-01-15, 1:26pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadBlossoms View Post
Disclaimer - my comments are not aimed at any one artist. Just my general opinions for what they are worth (about 2 cents)

I think it is a valid and intriguing subject.......at Amazon you can buy Passing the Flame for $59, Karen Leonardo's book for $16.49, The Glass Bead Workshop by Jeri L. Warhaftig for $16.47. All in a glorious bound, full color glossy book that you can keep near your torch to reference. Most with plenty of new techniques, and you can re-sell it for near what you paid when you no longer have a use for it. An extremely good value for your dollar. Taking all this in consideration, I would think Corrrina's book would end up pennies per technique.

So, as much as I appreciate online tuts, I do think some of the pricing is very high, especially since you still have to pay to print it out. After you add that in, it often becomes out priced for many. I won't take my laptop to the torch, and how many can remember from reading a tut on the screen, every step at the torch, especially if it's a new technique? Highly unlikely, so realistically, printing it out is usually necessary.

I think it's a business decision on where you choose to market and sell your tut. One can sell a ton at a lower rate, or less at a higher rate. ( Or if you're very lucky a ton at a high rate ). If you choose to price it high, you are making the decision to sell it to that segment of the market that are willing to pay your higher price. The rest may stick to the lower priced offerings.

Personally, it's very unlikely I would ever pay over $25 for an online tut. But I'm sure many will. It's supply and demand. And just as you can price your beads as you wish, tuts certainly follow the same reasoning. That said, I sure wish the prices would stay more reasonable )
Thank you! I'm not aiming at anyone on this as I've seen the starting of tutorials written and how each and every one of them has gone higher and higher. I own so many of these E books too and those of you authors that sell, will know that. But at some time there has to be a limit to how high you can go. It's like...well lets see how far I can push the button and that's fine. It's your Tutorial and you all can do whatever you want.....
I'm just saying that alot of people are dropping out because they are just going up and up and up....the economy now is going down, down and down!
Just my 2 cents though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.