View Single Post
Old 2010-01-16, 7:52am
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

AcidFly has a point. As a rabid fan of tutorials, both purchased and free, I have to say that (like most anything else) they are not created equal. The vast majority are awesome, superbly done and well written/photographed. Some, well....eh...not so much - but fortunately these are rare. An experienced lampworker usually has a pretty good idea of what is going to be required to work the tutorial before purchasing - but an inexperienced one may not and the suggestion of materials required up front is a good one as well as an honest assessment of the skill level required for the technique. As far as cost to the lampworker goes, I am always willing to pay a little more to compensate an expert who is taking their precious time away from their craft to educate me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Victorian Style Floral available now!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!