View Single Post
Old 2010-01-16, 10:05am

Thanks, Acidfly, I do understand where you are coming from. As a lampworker who never meant to make a living from the glass I create, I certainly understand, but I do think that if you purchase a tutorial that doesn't work for you for whatever reason, a quick email to the author would probably be beneficial to everyone. You get to express your dissatisfaction with the tutorial, the author gets to learn what can be improved on and the other tutorial buyers will benefit from a possibly improved tutorial.

One of the few classes I have taken was with a person who was very, very good at lampworking, so good that inadvertantly this person left out steps that she thought everyone would understand without being told, or steps that she instinctively knew and just never thought of including as instruction. This was a first class for her, and I did experience her class again and found that she had improved greatly from the first class. Sometimes it is all about having someone point something out to you, as the author, that is obvious to the purchaser, but not so much to someone very familiar with the subject. Good luck to you and I hope you enjoy your lampworking.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.