View Single Post
Old 2013-12-02, 11:41am

This is what I have..... the end is covered with a spring loaded flap so it opens nicely when in use.

Below pic is the inside where it joins up. I had to sacrifice my glass block window.
The left hand ducting is/was my dryer vent which is now moved elsewhere.
The BIG metal duct is for torching

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueburnsorange View Post
Meaning, I've pretty much built my exhaust system from the work table to the inside wall but I've yet to cut my hole to the outside yet. I don't know how I want to protect the exhaust duct from outside elements...

Blast Gate (Blast Shield): I'm probably going to put a blast gate between the inline fan and the exterior wall so I can seal everything off when I'm not working. I've ordered this one: http://www.blastgateco.com/Cast-Alum...last-Gates.php

Dampeners:
are not something I want because it reduces airflow

End-Caps/Register boxes: so what do you guys put on the exterior walls of your studio? If I use an dryer-style end-cap (even one without a built-in dampener) should I be concerned about airflow restriction?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and also ......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by cheeky monkey; 2013-12-02 at 11:43am.