View Single Post
Old 2009-07-12, 12:26am
Kobuki & DIY Homefill Sys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale M. View Post
If you already have concentrators, the major component you need is a RIX (oil free) type of compressor capable of about 2200 2500 psi and you pretty much have same as the EX02 system.... Also you will a oxygen tank as storage vessel....

There was a couple of threads "brainstorming" how to DIY your own "system". A search mat turn them up...

Dale
Hi Dale, the Rix has 1 problem for sure and possibly another. The for-sure problem is the price, $5000+ for the Rix Microboost is prohibitive. Plus Ro had hers breakdown recently after about 150 fills.

I think the best bang for buck option right now is to get a couple of used Homefill II units and break out the tool box. At $450 to 650 a pop, it currently offers the best bag for buck as far as a tank fill system is concerned. I posted some pix, schematic, and parts list (in this sites Homemade Equipment thread) to show that is really is an easy and relatively cheap system that many can put together themselves and save a bundle.

I am definitely looking forward to checking out the wonka system if and when it ever makes it debut. I sure hope the fill times of that system (I heard 8 hours for a K) and the cost of the system lives up to their billing (I would hope that substantially less than other fill systems means it will cost only $1K-$2k, or less).