View Single Post
Old 2013-01-27, 7:48pm
Flame On!

Quote:
Im sorry Leigh Anne. Your unit was ready, when you called last. As far as your other points, there is a lot to be considered. I am doing nothing ileagle or unethical. Over half of the small businesses do business on the orders taken and paid for. It would be good to have items in stock or to have enough money to build an item out-of-pocket for customers. Just about anything that is custom built, homes, bikes, cars, torches, jewelry, I can go on forever- requires some form of payment up front. I do have the option of partial payment or even no payment up front. You only have to ask. Jack
Sir, if my unit was ready, which I was told it was not, it should have shipped. By your words here, you for whatever reason have not shipped an item that has been completed for over 3 weeks and paid for in full for almost 7. I don't really think that's the case and now I think you are, on top of it all, dishonest. As far as legal and ethical, I think delusional is a good fit. You might want to go right to the top of this section of LE and make yourself familiar with the Federal Trade Commission's rules which YOU are governed by and completely ignore. I doubt very seriously you will be ignoring them much longer. Let me take this opportunity to publicly tell you that I am no longer interested in your product. You have broken your contract of a shipment in 4 weeks, and broken the extensional 2 weeks per my last phone conversation. I am requesting a full refund. Please view this:

Business Guide to the FTC's Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DIRECT QUOTE:

Why You Should Comply with the Rule

Merchants who violate the Rule can be sued by the FTC for injunctive relief, monetary civil penalties of up to $16,000 per violation (any time during the five years preceding the filing of the complaint), and consumer redress (any time during the three years preceding the filing of the complaint). When the mails are involved, the Postal Service also has authority to take action for problems such as non-delivery. State law enforcement agencies can take action for violating state consumer protection laws.

Apart from this, your failure to ship on time, or your failure to notify your customers promptly about delays and to obtain their consent to the delays, or your failure to make full and prompt refunds when your customers do not consent to delayed shipment, can adversely affect your business by discouraging repeat purchases. Accordingly, most businesses regard compliance with the Rule as simply good business practice.

Jack, you have the opportunity to use "simply good business practices" and promptly refund my money. From what I understand, you have quite a few people in line waiting for machines, and doing so will enable you to follow the "Rule" and complete another order in a timely (or more timely) fashion.
If you choose not to, I have the opportunity to see just what I can do with the FTC. I believe I saw something about fines for you, extra compensation for me, and Virginia has great consumer protection laws, that's another bonus.
Either way you choose, I will get my refund, and you may get a bit more than you bargained for. All in all, regardless of your reasoning and excuses, I feel as though you have sorely taken advantage of a small market, where there are few options, long enough. The minute I read that man's post about him asking you for a refund because he was in a crisis, and you refused, I lost all respect for you. He was entitled, by law, to a full refund, and you shafted a person when they could least afford it. Most people don't know the rules and regulations, and even some that do, don't take the steps required to enforce those rules and regulations. I am not in either of those categories.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.