View Single Post
Old 2013-01-28, 9:31am
Flame On!

Good Morning! To clarify things, I don't think it's correct to term my actions as a "vendetta". One morning, I decided to purchase a new Oxygen Concentrator. I google searched, ended up on Unlimited Oxygen, and on their products page, at that. I immediately picked up the phone and called them, to ask questions regarding their products. The woman on the phone was incredibly friendly, talked me into buying a larger unit than I originally thought my torch needed, and persuaded me that "now is the time, they are on sale!". Ok, I'm ready to buy. I asked when would they ship my new unit, and she said it might take up to 4 weeks. Ok, I agreed. She asked me for my credit card, couldn't take my Amx, and when I hesitated, told me I wouldn't be charged until my item shipped. I made a good faith decision based on the information I was given on the phone that day. They violated my trust by charging my card the day I made the call. That was no mistake, it was intentional. Based on the information I have found on LE and other forums, they knew the wait time was much longer than "up to 4 weeks". I was misled with false information to make a purchase, that I was told I wouldn't be charged for until said purchase was ready to be shipped.
I somehow find it hard to think that any customer service I would receive from Unlimited Oxygen in the future, should I have continued with this purchase, would be any different than the deceptive service they have already provided me, and I have a right to a full refund. If I had been told 8 weeks or longer, and that my card would be charged immediately, I wouldn't have made the purchase, and I wouldn't be writing this post. Based on the time frame, I would have absolutely no recourse, based on the limited payment methods he accepts and I would have thanked them for their time and made a purchase elsewhere. Please keep in mind, that most credit card companies and banks will only do a charge-back 30 days from the charge date. Hence the FTC's 30 day rule. I try to make good choices, and I chose my bank based on their service, and one of those is the ability to open a dispute 60 days from my statement date on which the charge appeared, and not having to close my card/account or pay any fees to resolve any problems I may have. But again, I don't think that's common, and I think Unlimited Oxygen prey's on a customer base that feels as though they have few choices on buying products that fit their need and then further victimizes that audience with un-ethical business practices that can ultimately take away a customer's right to recourse. Why would any company, with good faith practices and sound financial standing deny any customer a refund on a product that they have never even received? Particularly when they seem to have so many people waiting to pass that product on to. In essence, I have given them a loan on "parts" money for their next customer, and so they should cheerfully refund it.
The FTC has taken my complaint, given me a reference number and will investigate this situation. I have opened a dispute with my bank, and based on the date of the charge and the fact that I have not received, nor has my purchase even been shipped, they will do a charge-back and refund me the full charge. Unlimited Oxygen and anything/anyone they are "trading as" is permanently blocked from access to my account in the future. I started this thread to let others know my personal experience with Unlimited Oxygen as an innocent consumer that made a good faith purchase based on a telephone conversation I had with a representative with that company. I also hope readers will realize that as a consumer, you have inherent rights, that may extend way beyond what a seller would like you to believe, and if you feel that your consumer rights have been violated, you have recourse to remedy the situation. The anger and disgust that I have conveyed here is based on my personal experience, further exasperated by experiences others have written about, and I hope they don't take away from the facts. I was given dishonest information about the shipment time, therefore misled into giving a credit card. I was told my card would be charged at the time my product was shipped. It was charged the same day I gave it to them. I am legally entitled to a refund, but have had to use extensive measure to get it.
Those are the facts and I hope others will think carefully before making a purchase from Unlimited Oxygen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.