View Single Post
Old 2014-03-06, 8:40am
Glass-aholic

Doing this on the end if a hollow mandrel is quite different than the video above actually. If I did that in soft the whole thing would have collapsed mid way through. Soft glass moves differently in this situation because of the size vs heat ratio I think in soft glass. This is one that fighting the collapse and not stretching your walls makes it a more stable process. I imagine you could probably not flatten your vessel but you would have a big deep hole and need thicker glass walls and more heat in general, then need additional shaping, and you would be stretching the glass more possibly creating thinner walls and leaving a bigger margine for popping through the trapped air walls. But yes in theory the boro video would work just fine too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.: