View Single Post
Old 2014-04-17, 8:24am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantonetoo View Post
I always followed the directions and haven't had any issues.

Thee are some decals made for ceramics that will work too. Now you're making me want to break out my decal stash!!

I didn't know you could use them in the flame. Anyone done that?
I don't think you can, I think they're strictly fired-on.

What kills me is the INCREDIBLY slow ramp times the instructions call for -

ramp at 250 DPH to 350, hold 20 min
500 DPH to 1000, hold 10 minutes
MAX to 1034-1074, hold 8-10 minutes

That's 3 1/2 HOURS that the kiln is tied up for nothing but a bunch of decals. Plus cooling time, of course, so basically the day is shot. I definitely have to figure out the most efficient possible way to load the kiln for this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L-111

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.