View Single Post
Old 2017-04-23, 6:59am

I think your problem might be something other than the clear especially if it is Lauscha. It has been years since there have been cracking issues and those were because they tried a change in formula for only one batch.
Lauscha needs heat. Beads need to be gently reheated before popped into a kiln and when mixed with other things it should be annealed longer. I have an annealing schedule from Lauscha on my website and on FB..
There are some threads on LE where Carol Anne (who worked at the Lauscha factory) redid every combination of cracked beads and none of them cracked for her. I have photos on my FB page where she encased most of the effetre colors with Lauscha including reds and yellows. Also, some of the CiM colors have had compatibility issues. It is always a good idea to do a few test beads with new color combos.
Just one more clarification. Soft clear is great for use on hot heads and melts faster than regular clear which is stiffer and good for implosions. The only coe clear rod that they make is 104 except for the Soft clear which is 106. Bead makers and marble makers are using Lauscha clear all the time. I can just about keep it in stock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PaulaD; 2017-04-23 at 8:25pm.