View Single Post
Old 2008-06-05, 9:54pm

Default A newbie's idea for an alternative to this bead

Hey there, this is my very first post EVER! I just found this site last night and I have been obsessed with reading as much as I can, with a few trips to the garage to try something here or there. I just started beadmaking about a week or two ago with the little Flameworks kit from Hobby Lobby hehe... I have been making wire wrapped jewelry for a few months. Of course after I bought the kit I realized how limiting and almost useless it was for what I REALLY wanted to do! But I have had fun playing with it just learning the basics of how glass and lampworking goes until I can save up for bigger and better toys.

I loved reading this tut and seeing the results from people and had a thought since I've been reading almost constantly the past weeks about different techniques. One I read in a book and wanted to try was using a copper tube for the base of your bead. After reading this tut and letting it percolate in my brain while I dipped mandrels that technique came to mind in reference to this heart bead. I haven't tried it since I don't have any copper tubing but I'm wondering what prettiness might come from trying it... If I get a chance to pick some up and can pull off this bead with my limited tools and supplies I'll post my results but maybe someone who is more experienced and has the necessaries on hand could try it and let us know how it looks...

Thanks to everyone for all the amazing wonderful info I've already been absorbing! Hopefully I can contribute back soon!

Smooches,
Avi
Storyteller Art ~ Portraits, Art, Life