View Single Post
Old 2009-03-31, 4:24pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopnglo View Post
I ordered some jupiter about a year ago. I get a different result than what you did. All I can get out of it is orange with a ring of green. But my rod doesn't look like you described, no white core. My rods are a beautiful pink color.

my rods are sort of brownish pink with a core almost like murrini - greyish white and star shaped

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk5336 View Post
The way I use this glass is to make my base bead (a little smaller than I want-cause you'll be able to add more, if you need) and then I "puddle" onto my base bead. What I mean by "puddle" is I heat the tip of the rod and then smash (not too hard) the melted tip on the bead (like you were making a big dot on the bead). I repeat this process until I have all these smooshy dots all over, melt in and shape. You can get a nice marbling effect.

Kathie
ah! now that might work. I made a test bead and broke it in half and all the white was like dots inside because i'd just wrapped the glass like normal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy