View Single Post
Old 2018-08-16, 10:55am
Pincel de Fuego

I took a class from Davide in December 2016 ... I also didn't find him intimidating at all but I can see how someone would think that, I think it's just a cultural thing. He did prepare me though to be fair - he softly told me "I'm going to scream at you when you are melting, don't be scared" and then when he did I was like OK! LOL

But yeah for other reasons I've been away from the torch for a year so I'm having trouble getting back into the swing of things.
As others mentioned my biggest trouble was "feeling" the bubble, even with Davide he was always yelling "sufla" at me because I never knew when I was supposed to. And then it got cold and I had to reheat. Over and over.
And my favorite part was blowing out the little hole... now as others mentioned I had the problem of it being too large, or also it closing back up. After learning about "a perfect dimpled bead" and being kind of psycho about bead holes this technique is quite paradigm-shifting, to say the least.
Thanks for the links everyone! I'm off to check them out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/