View Single Post
Old 2011-05-03, 8:55pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

Here Squid, I copy/pasted this from another of Robert's posts. Basically they're artisan made beads:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Act of Courage beads are given when the kids have been through a tough experience or procedure or have just had a tough day. These are different from the program beads. Program beads are commercially made beads that are color or design coded for specific events or procedures. We go though mountains of them so they have to be manufactured. This makes the Act of Courage bead very special in that they are all artist-made donated beads. When an AoC bead is given the child is presented with a selection of these beads and they get to take as long as they like to choose the one bead that speaks to them of their experience. I've personally seen this process take quite a while. It's a very special part of the journey for our kids.

You can send these beads to:

Beads of Courage
10501 E. Seven Generations Way
Suite 161
Tucson, AZ 85747

Be sure to include your name and address in the package so that we can send you a Thank You card and a receipt for your donation. It's tax deductible for the cost of manufacture.

Thanks to everyone for your great support of BoC.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by LoriGreenberg; 2011-05-03 at 10:46pm.