View Single Post
Old 2010-07-22, 8:43am

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetcameron View Post
My next question. Can you get the colors in Kim Neely's tutorial with any of the Bullseye glasses? I tried looking on the Bullseye site yesterday, but didn't find anything that sounded like it reduced to multi colors.
I don't have that tutorial because I'm resisting the call of 104 silver glasses. I've toyed with the idea of making my own "amber purple" in bullseye with silver and germanium, but doggone, that would be a lot of work. I REALLY wish they would do it for us.

You could certainly approximate this look by making a muddled rod. By that I mean either
- stripe all the luster colors (blue, green, amber, copper green and some aurora if you have some, onto one of the luster colors (your choice). Heat this to let it ball up and LIGHTLY smoosh and twist it around to muddle up the different lusters. Do NOT mix this too much. Then pull it back out into a usable sized rod. This will give you smaller color sections on your final rod.
or
-Make a barrel of a parent luster color. Dot small quantities of each of the luster colors randomly on this barrel. Heat and pull back out into a rod. This will give you bigger color sections on your final rod.

Since the luster glasses produce blues/greens/golds/and silvers, this "should" work in approximately the same manner as some of the reducing 104 glasses. Depending on the base glass that you use and how much you reduce these, you can get the appearance of pinks (and probably purples).

Now, if you're really adventurous, you can silver fume some cranberry pink, lt orange striker, chartreuse, carrib blue, and then add those to your muddled cane. (I know these colors work. Others may work, but I haven't used them). These make approximations of silver colors that "act like" silver colors - a little.

Good luck and post pictures if you try this.